SlimWizz…its touchwiz stripped to the bones..:-)
Introduction- SlimWizz is a minimal Touchwiz stock rom with bloatwares removed. All those apps which i hardly use are kicked out. I have tried to retain max possible stock features and enhance the overall responsiveness of stock rom.
Purpose: To provide SGN users a minimal stock rom with no bloats while retaining max. possible stock features and enhance overall responsiveness of stock ROM.
Actions: To remove all bloats, replace essential but oversized apps with better and slimmer apps, remove optional files such as languages, ringtones, wallpapers which users should be able to add based on their requirements.
Current state:Touchwiz transformed to SlimWizz @196mb With Responsive, minimal and stock interface and retained all necessary features.
Download : SlimWizz from here
What is removed
1. Close to 100 apks from /preload
2. around 40 libs from /system/lib
3. files removed from /system/media are somewhere 64
4. whole preload, t9db, tts and vendor folder
What is added.
1. AOSP email, calendar, deskclock and calculator to replace stock apks
2. AntTek Explorer to replace stock explorer
3. Apollo music player to replace stock music player (retained Gallery and video for airview feature)
4. SNote replaced with colornote (no nonsense notes ), you can also go for NotesMobile Note taking app
5. Rom comes with philz 3.95 kernel and yes its safe. Please thank Phil3759 for his outstanding work, philz v3.99 is released if you want to flash recent kernel.
6. GApps available on market such Gmail, Maps etc. are removed. if you need, just download from market.
Support: Its my hobby and living comes first. Whenever I find extra time, i will make sure to connect.
It’s always risky to flash custom rom on mobile devices and be warned that a failure may brick your device. In order to keep your device safe, please read carefully and follows the steps exactly. I am not responsible for any damage to your device.
-Backup your personal data on phone to PC to ensure you keep a copy of your personal data (SMS, MMS, Contacts, Internet Settings, Photos and etc). How to Backup Personal Data On Android Device.
-Make sure your phone is charged at least 50% to avoid interruption during flashing.
From Other Custom Rom with Safe Philz Kernel)
1. Make sure that you are properly rooted cwm recovery is installed.
2. Do a Nandroid backup in CWM/TWRP recovery in case you need for restoration. (Optional).
3. Copy downloaded rom (SlimWizz_XXLSC240.zip) to sdcard of your device.
4. Reboot phone into recovery mode.(Press and hold the Power + Volume Up + Home Button to enter CWM/TWRP Recovery). If you are on stock ROM you may install Odin/tar version of philz Kernel to acquire proper root and cwm recovery.
5. In Recovery menu, you are always recommended to perform a full Wipe Data/Factory Reset to avoid crashing and ROM compatibility issue.
6. Go to mount menu and format system and preload partition.
7. Go to advanced and do Wipe Dalvik Cache — Select from the menu and select Yes to confirm.
8. From the main menu in Recovery, select the install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard, browse to folder location and select the SlimWizz_XXLSC240.zip and click Yes to install.
9. After the installation completes, go back to recovery’s main menu.
10. if it ask you to restore root, select yes.
11. Select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
12. For first boot up, it normally takes longer time. Please wait patiently.
If you followed all the instructions carefully them you will be happy to see the first screen of setup of rom.
Screenshots…coming soon. 🙂